If ParetoLogic Privacy Controls is not opening after installation, we are going to ask that you uninstall and reinstall the program to ensure it did not become corrupt in the download process.
In some cases, a client’s security software may block the installer or remove parts of the setup file during the download process.
If this is the case, please contact support with the full name and version of your security software so we might provide specific steps to address the issue.
Every computer is different so it is impossible for us to give exact information on this without better knowing your system. Please take a moment to consider every piece of antivirus, internet security and spyware protection software that may be running on your system. We suggest that you disable the resident / real-time / auto protect scanner of your Antivirus program, download Paretologic Privacy Controls and then enable this option once the download is completed.
You can uninstall ParetoLogic Privacy Controls and remove all associated files from your computer except personal preferences and licensing information. This may require you to close all your applications and restart your computer.
For your convenience, we have provided instructions for uninstalling ParetoLogic Privacy Controls for multiple operating systems. Please follow the instructions that describe your system.
Before uninstalling, you must fully shut down the program you are removing. If the program is running in the background, right-click the system tray icon in the lower right corner, and select Exit.
Please follow these steps to uninstall a program:
- Go to your Desktop and press the Windows Start key on your keyboard.
- Choose Control Panel, or type Control Panel and select it from the list.
- Under the Programs section, choose Uninstall a Program (or Programs and Features).
- Alternatively, on a Windows 8/10 system you can right-click on the Start (four tiled) icon in the bottom left corner and choose “Programs and Features” or “Apps and Features” there.
- Select the program to be removed.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Once you have uninstalled the program, please reinstall ParetoLogic Privacy Controls by following the instructions below:
- Please visit the direct download link here: http://paretologic.safecart.com/plpc/download
- Once you have downloaded and installed ParetoLogic Privacy Controls, click About on the Privacy Controls menu bar.
- If the license key field is empty, click on Enter License Key.
- Enter your license key.