PARETOLOGIC SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE.
ParetoLogic, Inc. (“ParetoLogic”) strives to provide exceptional software products that help to resolve computer problems and help to facilitate an error free and more enjoyable Internet and computer experience for the end user. By installing and using this ParetoLogic software (the “Software”), you hereby agreed to the following terms and conditions.
1. LICENSE - Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, ParetoLogic grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense, to use or evaluate the Software in accordance with this Agreement and any other written agreement with ParetoLogic. You have purchased a license to use the Software. ParetoLogic does not transfer title of the Software to you. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between ParetoLogic and the user(s) of this Software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are required to immediately cease installing or using this Software and remove the Software and any documentation from your computer.
2. DISTRIBUTION - Unless otherwise authorized herein, this Software, any accompanying documentation, and the license herein granted shall not be copied, shared, distributed, re-sold, offered for re-sale, transferred or sub-licensed in whole or in part except that you may make one copy for archive purposes only.
3. User Agreement
3.1 Evaluation Version use -You may evaluate this Software without purchasing a license (the “Evaluation Version”) for a maximum number of days indicated and permitted by ParetoLogic, or you may have limited access to some of the features and functionality of the Software. In order to use or continue to use all the features and functionality of the Software you must purchase a license from ParetoLogic. For more information about purchasing a license to use the Software, please contact ParetoLogic.
3.2 Activation of Software - Once you have purchased a license from ParetoLogic in order to continue to use the Software, you may be required to activate the Software through the Internet. There are technological measures within the Software that are designed to prevent unlicensed use of the Software. ParetoLogic will use those measures to confirm you have a valid licensed copy of the Software. ParetoLogic will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer location or workstation during this process.
3.3 Distribution - The Evaluation Version of the Software may be freely distributed, provided that:
1. Such distribution includes only the original Software supplied by ParetoLogic. You may not alter, delete or add any files in the distribution Software or modify the Software in any way.
2. The limited evaluation nature of this Evaluation Version Software is not misrepresented.
3. No money is charged to the person receiving this Evaluation Version Software, beyond reasonable cost of packaging and other overhead, if applicable.
4. You provide prior email or written notice to ParetoLogic that you are distributing this Evaluation Version and receive written confirmation of ParetoLogic’s authorization for such distribution. If the Software is being distributed with other hardware, media or software, ParetoLogic’s prior written authorization is required. You may be required to report to us the number of units of this Evaluation Version Software distributed from time to time.
3.4 Use -Your license to use this Software is limited to the number of licenses purchased by you and for a limited number of days. Upon the expiration of your license, you will be required to renew and purchase another license in order to continue to use all the features and functionality of the Software. For more information about purchasing additional licenses of this Software or renewing your existing license, please contact ParetoLogic at: http://www.paretologic.com/renewals/renewlicense.php.
You shall not allow others to use, copy or evaluate copies of this licensed Software. Others may obtain an Evaluation Version of the Software from: http://www.paretologic.com/products/index.aspx or purchase a license to use the Software from: http://www.paretologic.com/buy/index.aspx.
3.5 Use Restrictions - You shall use this Software in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose. Each licensed copy of this Software may be used on one single computer location or workstation, unless otherwise authorized herein. “Use” of the Software means that you have loaded, installed, or run the Software on a computer or similar device. If you install the Software onto a multi-user platform, server or network, each and every individual user of the Software must be licensed separately or included by a multi-site license in order to access all the features and functionality of the Software. You may make one copy of this Software for backup purposes, providing you only have one copy installed on one computer location or workstation (or number of users covered in a multi-site license). Others may not use or install your licensed copy of this Software. The assignment, sublicense, networking, sale, or distributions of copies of this licensed Software are strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of ParetoLogic. It is a violation of this Agreement to assign, sell, share, loan, rent, lease, borrow, network or transfer the use of this licensed Software. If any person other than yourself uses Software registered in your name on another computer location or workstation, regardless of whether it is at the same time or different times, then this Agreement is being violated and you are responsible for that violation!
3.6 Copyright Restriction - This Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. You shall not, and shall not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile this Software. Nor can you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from the Software in whole or in part.
ParetoLogic's name, logo and graphics file that represents this Software shall not be used in any way to promote products developed with our Software. ParetoLogic retains sole and exclusive ownership of all right, title and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property rights relating thereto. Copyright law and international copyright treaty provisions protect all parts of this Software. No program, code, part, image, or text may be copied or used in any way by the user except as intended within the bounds of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved for ParetoLogic.
3.7 Limitation of Responsibility - You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend ParetoLogic, its employees, agents and distributors against any and all claims, proceedings, demand and costs resulting from or in any way connected with your use of ParetoLogic Software. In no event (including, without limitation, in the event of negligence) will ParetoLogic, its employees, agents or distributors be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of use, business interruption, loss of information or data, or pecuniary loss), in connection with or arising out of or related to this Agreement, this Software or the use or inability to use this Software or the furnishing, performance or use of any other matters hereunder whether based upon contract, tort or any other theory including negligence. ParetoLogic’s entire liability, without exception, is limited to the customers' reimbursement of the purchase price of the Software (maximum being the lesser of the amount paid by you and the suggested retail price as listed by ParetoLogic, less any applicable taxes and shipping fees) in exchange for the return of the product, all copies, registration papers and manuals, and all materials that constitute a transfer of license from the customer back to ParetoLogic. Such reimbursement will only occur if the Software was purchased directly from ParetoLogic. If you purchased the Software through a reseller, distributor, retailer, or any other third party, you need to request a refund directly from such parties. PARETOLOGIC DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL IDENTIFY ANY SPECIFIC MALWARE, SPYWARE, HIJACKER, TROJAN, VIRUS, WORM, SPAM, UNWANTED MESSAGES OR FILES, OR ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED PARASITE OR MALICIOUS FILE. PARETOLOGIC ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES THAT ANY OR ALL PARASITES, MALICIOUS FILES, UNWANTED MESSAGES OR FILES WILL BE IDENTIFIED AND OR REMOVED BY THE SOFTWARE.
ParetoLogic software is not intended for use in the operation of communication systems, aircraft navigation, air traffic control systems, nuclear facilities, life support machines or other equipment where the failure of ParetoLogic software could lead to personal injury, death or severe physical or environmental damage.
3.8 Warranties - Except as expressly stated in writing by an authorized employee of ParetoLogic, ParetoLogic makes no representation or warranties in respect of this Software and expressly excludes all other warranties, expressed or implied, oral or written, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantable quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
3.9 Governing Law - This Agreement shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein except any principles regarding conflicts of law rules and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You hereby irrevocably attorn and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, British Columbia, and any competent Courts of Appeal therefrom. If any provision shall be considered unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this License and not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions.
3.10 Termination - Any failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement will result in automatic and immediate termination of this license. Upon termination of this license granted herein for any reason, you agree to immediately cease use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software supplied under this Agreement. The financial obligations incurred by you shall survive the expiration or termination of this license.
4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA - You agree that by installing and using the Software, ParetoLogic may use the information that is collected and transmitted through the Software, in any manner, as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to the Software and any hardware installed on your computer. Such information collected may include without limitation IP address, and information derived from the operating system configuration and hardware configuration of the computer. The Software will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer location or workstation during this process.
5. SOFTWARE VERIFICATION AND DATA - By installing and using the Software, You further acknowledge and agree that ParetoLogic may automatically check the version and licensing state of the Software that you have installed in order to determine if any Software updates, upgrades, or fixes are available, and/or to verify your license to use the Software. This process is performed through the Software which contains components that facilitate the use of certain Internet based services. If updates, upgrades or fixes are available for the Software, the Software may automatically download and install the applicable Software updates or upgrades without further notice to you in order for You to achieve the maximum benefits while using the Software. If there are any modifications to the terms and conditions of this EULA at the time of the update, You will be notified during the update process and will be required to review and accept the terms and conditions of the modified EULA prior to the installation of any Software updates or upgrades.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS - All third party software products and company names used in the Software are copyright and the property of the respective owners. Furthermore, when using a third party's software products as identified and recommended through this Software, you will be bound to that company's own legal agreements. All software product names and company names used in the Software are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. ParetoLogic Inc. is in no way affiliated with or representing any of the companies identified and displayed in this Software.
PARETOLOGIC SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT