To install Privacy Controls:
- Download the Privacy Controls installation executable file by clicking on the following link: http://installers.paretologic.com/privacycontrols/
- Depending on your web browser, you will be prompted to either 'Run' or 'Save' the installation executable file:
- Internet Explorer users will want to 'Run' the file.
- Firefox users will need to 'Save' the file.
- Follow the steps as instructed. These include reading the license agreement and installing to the destination folder (the default drive and folder is recommended).
During the installation you have the ability to choose the components you want to install. When you come to the Components page you can choose the Default installation or the Custom installation. You can accept the Default install by proceeding to the next steps of the install.
A Default install includes the following components:
- Get Program Updates and Install Scheduled Tasks
- Desktop Icon
- Start at Login
To accept the Default installation preferences:
With the type of install set to Default (recommended), click the Next button.
Alternatively, you can choose a Custom installation.
To select a Custom installation, do the following:
- In the Select the type of install field, click the drop down button.
- Select Custom.
The Custom install components you can choose from are as follows.
1. Get Program Updates and Install Scheduled Tasks
Setup Automatic Program Updates and Scheduled Scans.
2. Desktop Icon
Installs an icon on the Windows Desktop, that can be used to launch the program.
3. Start at Login
Launch application on Windows start up.
4. Quick Launch Icon
Install an icon in the Windows Quick Launch bar.