If ParetoLogic Privacy Controls stalls, freezes, or generates an error message specifically when you attempt to Scan or Remove items, individually scanning items can resolve the issue.
Please follow the steps below to help determine where ParetoLogic Privacy Controls is experiencing difficulties during the scanning or removing process:
- Open Privacy Controls and then click on the Options tab. Click Restore Defaults at the bottom of the window then click OK.
- In the Options tab, please uncheck every item on the list except for the last one: Third-Party Application History.
- Please remember to click on the More Info option to the left for each item and review to ensure that you do not accidently remove something you wish to keep.
- Please make sure that the option to Delete files without overwriting is selected when erasing.
- Click the Scan tab and then click Start Scan. If the scan completes, click the Erase button. Please let us know if you experience any difficulties with either the scan or remove phase.
- If the scan was successful, go back to the Options list and scan each item individually from the bottom up. Do so until you have successfully completed a Scan and Remove with every item.