You can use the FileCure Manage tool to control what programs are associated with each file type on your computer. A complete list of files and associated applications for your computer is listed in the Manage page.
Filtering the List
You can filter the items that are displayed in the Manage list to better identify or single out a particular item. In this way only the item that is filtered is displayed.
To filter the Manage list:
- Type a file extension (for example, jpg), in the Filter box.
- Click the Refresh button.
To reset the filter:
- Clear the Filter box and click the Refresh button.
Changing File Associations
After you have filtered the Manage list and reviewed the information displayed, you can change the file association of any item displayed in the Manage list.
To change a file association do the following:
- Click the Change link associated with the item.
- In the Change Association dialog box, do one of the following:
- Select a new application from the list.
- Click the Browse button to locate and select a program not listed and click the Open button. The application is then added to the Change Association dialog box where you can select it.
- Once you have selected a new program, click OK to accept the change.