Start the Program
You can launch the program from the Start menu.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7:
- Click Start and select All Programs > ParetoLogic > FileCure
Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista:
- From the Desktop, press the Windows Start key on your keyboard, type FileCure and select it from the list.
- From the Desktop, type FileCure into the search box located in the task bar, and select FileCure from the list.
You can also start the program by doing one of the following:
- Double-click the FileCure desktop icon.
- Click the FileCure Quick Launch icon.
The creation of these icons occurs during the install steps.
After you first launch FileCure an icon will appear in the system tray of the taskbar. This icon provides several functions that you can access from the pop-up menu.
Exit the Program
You can exit the program in the top right corner.
To exit the program, do one of the following:
- From the system tray, right-click the FileCure icon and select Exit.
- From the program window, click the X button located at the top-right of the window. Click the Exit button in the confirmation box.
- If you wish to exit the program every time you click the X button, select the Don't ask me again check box before clicking Exit. You can revert this by configuring the settings on the General Settings page.
You can minimize the program window to the system tray so that FileCure runs silently in the background and the icon remains displayed there.
To minimize the program window, do the following:
- Click the X button located at the top-right of the window.
- A confirmation dialog is displayed. Click the Minimize button.
- If you wish to minimize the program every time you click the X button, select the Don't ask me again check box before clicking Exit. You can revert this by configuring the settings on the General Settings page.