You can minimize the program window to the system tray. The system tray is the notification part of the taskbar that can include icons actively running and contains system controls such as clock, volume, and network. When you minimize the window to the system tray FileCure runs silently in the background and the icon remains displayed there.
From the system tray icon you can access the following functions:
- Register: Unlicensed users can easily access the registration page.
- Launch: Opens the program window
- Start Scan: Starts the DriverCure scan
- Update: Checks for updates to the program and database
- Exit: Closes the program completely.
The FileCure status can be determined by the state of the icon in the system tray. The following table identifies the states.
|Fixed||No problems were found on the previous scan, or all problems have been fixed.|
Problems have been detected and have yet to be fixed. When you place your mouse pointer over the icon, the number of items is displayed in the next tooltip.
Reopen the Program
With the program window minimized to the system tray, you can open the program from the system tray icon.
To re-open the program window, do one of the following:
- Right-click the FileCure icon in the system tray and select Launch.
- Double-click the system tray icon.