The Document View can be used to open many different common documents you may come across in your day to day business. Common document file types include Microsoft Excel, Rich Text Files, html documents and Microsoft Word. EasyFileViewer can help you view all these file types and many more.
- Main View – The default view displays the archive you are viewing along the left side of the window, and a larger viewing area for the contents of the document file.
- View File Properties - Shows information about the archive, including file name, the location on your computer, file type, and information about when the document was created, last modified, or last viewed. When this view is selected the toolbar will have options to select the information for copy and pasting, and a button that allows you to copy the information to be pasted elsewhere.
- Hex View – The hex view allows you to view the hexadecimal information of the document. When this view is selected the toolbar will have options to select the information for copy and pasting, and a button that allows you to copy the information to be pasted elsewhere.
- Select all text – This option will select all text on the page of the document you are currently viewing. For documents with multiple pages showing in the page viewer, only the content of the page you are viewing is selected.
- Copy text to Clipboard – Once you have selected the text you want to copy press this button to copy the text to your clipboard. You can paste the contents of the clipboard by right-clicking and selecting Paste on a document or text file not being opened with EasyFileViewer.
If you are viewing a document with multiple pages, such as a Microsoft Excel file with multiple spreadsheets, the different pages will display in the Page View section at the bottom of the view pane. You will only see this area if you are viewing a document with multiple pages. Small images of the content on each page will display, and you can click an image to jump directly to that page.
The information bar displays useful details about the document currently being viewed. It will tell you the file name, the file size, and the date the document was created. Additionally there is a slider that lets you zoom in or out on the document.
The View pane is the large central section where the document will be displayed. You are able to select sections of text from the document with your mouse, and you can then use the Copy text to Clipboard button on the toolbar to copy that text for pasting into another document. By default the view pane displays the document at 100% magnification. You can increase or decrease the size of the document in the View pane by using the slider at the bottom-right corner of the program.