In order to scan and recover from your iPod, please follow the instructions below:
- Plug in your iPod in the USB port and open iTunes.
- When an iPod is plugged in, the left hand toolbar of iTunes will now have a Devices heading, where you should find your iPod listed. Select your iPod.
- Check Enable disk use from the Summary tab.
- Selecting your iPod should now open an iPod screen where your music library previously existed. Click the Options heading at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the box next to Enable disk use.