In order to scan and recover from your iPhone or iPod, please follow the instructions below:
- Plug in your iPhone or iPod in the USB port and open iTunes.
- When an iPhone or iPod is plugged in, the left hand toolbar of iTunes will now have a Devices heading, where you should find your iPhone or iPod listed. Select your Device.
- Check Enable disk use from the Summary tab.
- Selecting your iPhone/iPod should now open an iPhone/iPod screen where your music library previously existed. Click the Options heading at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the box next to Enable disk use.