The File Manager in RegCure Pro will let you know which program can open a file:
- Open RegCure Pro and click the Tools button.
- Click File Manager.
- Type in the name of the file extension you wish to open, and then click Find Software.
- Review the list of recommended software. If you require assistance with this see the additional notes below.
- Click the Download button associated with the software you want to download.
- Your web browser opens to the vendor site. You can locate and click the required download link and follow the on-screen instructions set by the vendor.
For each file extension, the File Manager will display:
- File extension
- Alias: any other aliases for the extension
- Type: the type of file (for example, "Document file type")
- Description: information related to the file extension
You will also see a table with the following information:
|Rating||A rating based on a scale of zero to five stars is displayed, if available.|
|Software Information||The Learn More link leads your web browser to the software vendor's web site where you can receive more information.|
|Download||This button causes your web browser to open to the software vendor's download page.|
|License||Shows if the software is free or if a license needs to be purchased.|
- The table is arranged with free software at the top of the list. After that, items are ranked by rating.
- In some cases there are multiple types of files which use a given extension. All instances are displayed with the most common and well-known instances at the top.
- Before choosing a program to download, it is recommended that you read about the program and examine its features and system requirements.