You can use PC Health Advisor to select which applications launch when starting Windows. With the Startup Manager you can improve your system speed by choosing only needed items to load on startup, so they do not run in the background.
To use the Startup Manager open PC Health Advisor and click the Startup Manager button.
The Startup Manager will display a list of applications that load when Windows starts. You can review the items and disable any you do not need. If you are unsure what an entry does we recommend looking for information online. There are a few applications you may need to leave running at startup to use your computer normally, such as Bluetooth or Java.
To enable or disable Startup Items:
- To disable a program: Clear a check box next to that item.
- To enable a program: Check an item in the list.
- You can enable or disable all applications at once by using the Enable All or Disable All buttons in the lower-right corner.
You can also remove items from the Startup permanently if you never want them to run when Windows loads. Once you remove an item from the list you cannot re-enter it.
To remove a program:
- Click the red “X” button associated with the item.
- In the confirmation dialog, click Yes.